Today Americans are celebrating Thanksgiving Day. Whilst it isn't generally celebrated in the UK, it is always important for us to take time to give thanks and teach our children to be grateful for all that we have. One of our favourite memory verse is 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
Every year on Thanksgiving day we make Thank you God books.
The children have to think of the same number of things to be thankful for as their age.
Nathanael's 6 things
- The Bible
- My family
Tabitha's 5 things
- Paper and crayons
- My family
Abigail's 3 things
- Our house
- Our family
- Our garden
Miriam's 2 things
So here are my 29 things that I am thankful for...
- The love of God, his mercy, grace and forgiveness.
- Jesus my Saviour.
- My beloved husband.
4. My 5 children. I am very blessed.
5. My mum.
6. The freedom we have in England...to have a Bible in our own language,
7. to home educate our children,
8. to preach the gospel in the streets,
9. hold church services in public and
10. not suffer persecution for our faith.
11. Hymns and hearing my children sing them.
12. Listening to my children laugh.
13. Hearing my children pray.
14. Church family.
14. Extended family.
16. Our car.
17. More than enough food to eat.
18. Baking cakes.
19. Lattes and chocolate treats.
20. Our washing machine and tumble drier.
21. Buying second hand! Charity shops and car boot sales.
22. Our health.
23. Abigail's heart. We found out this year that Abigail has got a congenital heart defect called Double Aortic Arch and will probably require surgery in the near future. We are very thankful that it was not as serious as it could have been.
24. The NHS.
25. The beauty of God's creation and being able to share it together as a family.
27. Family Days.
28. Reading stories to the children.
"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing.
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in
Christ Jesus concerning you."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18